Truro Business Improvement District is the not-for-profit organistation delivering the city's Business Improvement District (BID) scheme. A BID is a flexible funding mechanism to improve and manage a clearly defined commercial area.The Truro BID is delivering a range of additional services and initiatives all designed to raise the profile of the city, attract more visitors and encourage them to explore all its facilities.There are now 428 businesses in Truro that are included in the scheme which generates £1.5 million of additional funding during each five year lifespan. The initial 5 year scheme started in 2007, with a successful renewal for a second 5 year term in 2012 and a third successful renewal in September 2017.
Some of the projects that Truro BId have undertaken over the last 10 years include:
• Annual festive lighting scheme throughout the city centre
• Annual programme of events around the themes of fashion, sport and Christmas
• ‘Connected Truro’ a new signage, interpretation system for the city centre, including branded maps, information points and towns trails to encourage an even footfall to all parts of the city centre
• Developed a brand for Truro – soon to be integrated into the Connected Truro project
• Summertime floral displays and additional planting to improve the appearance of the city through the summer months and build on Truro’s high success rate at the Britain in Bloom awards
• ‘Best for business’ – A stronger business voice, ensuring that the local business voice is represented on major issues such as planning, transport, car parking and crime.
• Working collaboratively with the Visit Truro team to build a strong and targeted marketing campaign for the city.
Truro team members
Alun was appointed as BID Manager for Truro Bid on the 3 of October 2016. Representing the businesses of Truro and reporting to the board of directors, he is responsible for managing the delivery of the projects and initiatives that are contained in the Business Plan to improve the city for businesses, residents and visitors. Prior to taking up his position in Truro, he has over thirty years of retail experience and ten years within Truro, including spells as the manager of Woolworths, Argos and most recently Dunelm.
Charla joined Truro Bid in November 2008 as Marketing & Events Officer and is passionate about our great little city. Charla organises events throughout the year as well as working with the VIsit Truro team promoting Truro through marketing materials and PR. Most notably the Truro guide publications, Truro Trend fashion week, Get Active Truro and helping develop other BID initiatives.
Sian joined Totally Truro in January 2012 as Communications Officer and looks after the Truro BID website and social media; updating it regularly with all the news and B2B happenings in and around Truro. You will also regularly see Sian out and about in Truro meeting businesses, taking photos for the website and delivering our publications and guides.
The Truro Bid office is now based in Truro Libary on Pydar Street meaning staff are at the heart of the city centre and best placed to support BID members.If you would like to know more about the BID, please go to http://www.trurobid.co.uk 01872 273999