Who We Are
Visit Truro is committed to preserving the privacy of its customers, we gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains why and when we process your personal data.
Visit Truro is the trading name of the tourism service of Truro City Council which is a local authority in England, Uk. Truro City Council is registered on the Information Commissioner's office register: registration number Z7643662 and act as a data controller and sometimes as a data processor when processing your data. Our designated data protection maanger is Kate Bell who can be contacted on the address at the bottom of this page.
Personal Information We Collect From You
Visit Truro processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We wiil never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from you will depend on your interaction with us, for example when you subscribe to our e newsletter, enter one of our competitions or complete one of our online forms (eg brochure request) The purpose for processing your data are given below.
E Newsletters - We send out a regular e - newsletter commnuications (at least once a month) to people who have opted in to receive these communications from us. Recipients can unsubscribe at any time by simply clicking the "unsubscirbe" link at the bottom of the email.
Competitions -We collect only those details that are necessary to enter you into the competition for example name, email address, contact details. These details are required to notify competition winners and fulfil their prizes and can be shared with authorised third parties who are offering the competition prize. Please check the terms and conditions associated with each competition.
Brochures - When ordering a brochure from us, we will collect your name and address.
Business Partners and Business Prospects
We may process your company name, name, posistion, and contact details under our legitimate business interest, in order to offer our services to your organsation.
Sharing Your Information
We do not give out any information about you, as an individual, to anyone, except to complete your transactions, or to comply with valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order.
Third Party Services
Security Of Your Data
We maintain strict security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorised access to your data by other parties, including our staff. We use firewalls and server authentication to protect the security of your data. We require all staff and third parties we employ to provide support services, to observe our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
Transfers Outside the EU
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high stanadard of protection for your personal data.
You have the right to access any personal information that Visit Truro processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The Categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has / will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
If you believe that we hold incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and / or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible: unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws: as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision - making we may use.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have a strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations, Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and / or withdraw your consent.
A cookies is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical / performance cookies. They allow us recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to remember your preferences.
- Targeting Cookies - These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Balanced - This cookie is used to help us manage server load across our website servers.
- Drupal.visitor.rand_indexWe randomise product listings on our site between visitors to ensure that we do not prioritise any particular products (except where they are listed as most relevant to your own searches) – this cookie allows us to do that and provide a unique experience to each visitor.
Our cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information, but without them we will not be able to offer you a personalised service, and some elements of the site may not function correctly.
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Contacting Us or Lodging a Complaint
We only process your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) If however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, please let us know.
Truro City Council
If you are still dissatisfied, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority:
Information Commissioner's Office
Updated April 2019