Getting to Truro could not be easier!
We have excellent transport links which make Truro one of the most accessible destinations in Cornwall and a great base for exploring.
Parts of Truro are currently pedestrianised to make Social distancing easier - they include Boscawen Street, King Street & Lower Lemon Street. Click here for the map
Direct services from London Paddington, South Wales and Scotland to Truro, including a sleeper service from London Paddington. National Rail Enquiries offers information on nationwide train times and fares.
National Express offer scheduled coach services to Truro from locations across the UK
All Public Transport
For detailed door to door directions by public transport to any location in Truro, go to Traveline SW. The main bus companies operating from the city are First Kernow 01872 305950 and Transport for Cornwall 0808 196 2632
. Cornwall Council Public Transport page can be viewed here.
The easiest route to Cornwall is to join the M5 to Exeter. Then take either the A30 over Bodmin Moor or the A38 via Plymouth. Truro can be accessed from the A30 junction Carland Cross, A39 or further on the A30 to Chiverton roundabout at the A391 - both options will lead you the two park and ride sites.
For help planning your route use the AA Route Planner for a tailor made travel plan.
- Become a member and hire a car from just £3.75 per hour + 18p per mile
- Cars are available at Truro Train Station, Station Road and Pydar Street Car park. The perfect solution to explore Truro and the surrounding area. Click here for more information on Co Cars.
Where You Can Park Your Bicycle in Truro
- Truro Library - Union Place
- The Leats
- Marks and Spencer - Lemon Quay
- Duke Street Deli - New Bridge Street
- High Cross
- Aldi & Sainsburys Supermarkets.