With over 300,000 heritage objects in the care of the Royal Cornwall Museum, there is plenty to keep you enthralled during your visit. You will be able to have a small foray into their extensive collection and get inspired with stories of Cornish heritage and links to the world beyond the Tamar.
Founded in 1818 to promote and record the county’s industry, heritage and culture, in its 200 years its collection takes you on a journey ‘from Stone Age Cornwall to Contemporary Art, telling stories across cultures and also across the last ten thousand years’.
Facilities and Access
- Two floors
- First Monday of the month, the musuem has a 'relaxed opening' between 10.00 and 12.00 for anyone who would benefit from a quieter, more relaxed visit. Featuring a 'chill-out' area, sensory packs, and ear defenders
- Current exhibitions
- Lift to upper galleries
- Fully wheelchair accessible
- Toilets and baby change
- Cafe (run independently) accessible from the museum shop
- Admission: Adult ticket (this includes an annual pass) £5. Under 18s: Free
- Nearest car park: Moorfield
- Park and ride
- Please note the museum are currently trialing cash free payments
Tuesday - Saturday: 10.00 - 16.00
Sunday & Monday: Closed