Nothing heralds the start of the fesitve season quite like the City of Lights, Truro's midwinter lantern festival. Come and see a dazzling procession of willow-stick-and-tissue lanterns; handmade by artists, schools and community groups, float through the city streets.
This years theme is "Under the Clock Tower" Parade starts at 7pm from Truro High School for Girls .
Alongside the visual spectacle City of Lights is a feast of of music and dance including samba, brass bands and pipes and drums.
The procession sets off from the Richard Lander Monument, down Lemon Street onto Boscawen Street and along River Street. The lanterns will then loop around Little Castle Street onto Kenwyn Street, go through Victoria Square back to Boscawen Street, and make their way via Princes Street and Green Street to Lemon Quay.
- New for 2019 will be donation points at Victoria Square, the corner of Kings Street / Boscawen Street and Lower Lemon Street
- A copy of the route can be found in the Truro Winter guide which is available across Truro or from Visit Truro Visitor information Shop, 30 Boscawen Street.
- Disabled viewing area will be outside Princes House on Princes Street - Please click here for furhter information.
- Please note selected alleyways & opes will be closed during the event including Roberts Ope & Cathedral Lane (exit from Boscawen Street via Cathedral Lane will be permitted)
- Food & drink traders will be operaing from 3pm on Lemon Quay
Truro Christmas Light Switch On
Funded by Truro BID the Christmas Lights are switched on in tandem with the lanterns moving through the streets.
We advice using the park and ride at Langarth or Tregurra and allow plenty of time.
Please note the contingency dates are Thursday 21st November and Friday 22nd November