Truro ‘Children’s Day’ returns!
Come and enjoy fun, family activities across Truro City Centre.
Saturday 26th June 2021
Truro City Centre
- Look out for Swamp Circus who will be performing spectacular acrobatic outdoor family shows at Lemon Quay, on the ground and in the air.
- There will be free have-a-go circus skills sessions with Swamp Circus, along with Cornwall Dance School both performing offering dance sessions.
- Shops and eateries across Truro will have family friendly in-store activities and great offers (see below).
- Street entertainers will also be popping-up around our great little city!
- Lots of free activities for all ages to enjoy.
- Main activities from 10.00 until 16.00.
In-store activities and offers:
- Accessorize - Colouring-in pack for children to pick up and take home.
- Archie Browns- Craft table, and drawing competition upstairs in the shop.
- Burgess Bedding (Pannier Market) - 20% off oilcloth & recycled picnic blankets
- Celtic Flowers (Pannier Market) – Bee Friendly See Planting!
- Chorleys - Colouring Competition.
- Cornwall Hospice Care (St Nichols St) - Teddy Tombola. Teddy Tombola is £2 a go with a prize every time!
- DPS (Pannier Market) - 20% off Solar, Fairy Lights & Torches.
- Floss Factory (Pannier Market) – All Lucky Bags £1 for the day!
- Harry’s Toy Chest - Best/most creative lego wall design will receive a £20 gift card to spend in store. Spot the Storm Trooper in store. 10% off all Star Wars Items.
- Jo Jo Mama Bebe - 10% off in-store for customers.
- Joli Boutique (Pannier Market) – 10% off in-store. Bead workshop and free biodegradable glittering & tattoos. Look out for the “Cosplay” character in Pannier Market too!
- Just Books (Pydar Mews) - Children's book swap and Children's book sale outside Just Books shop in Pydar Mews, from 11am - 3pm.
- Ki & Kath Pet Supplies (Pannier Market)– Free Tennis Ball with every £5+ spend.
- Klimek Jewellers- 50% off all children's silver jewellery and children's jewellery boxes. Plus a take home craft.
- Lisa Harker Quirky Art (Pydar Mews) – Colouring competition to take away to win a prize!
- Lush - Make your own bath bombs in-store!
- Malletts Home Hardware - Join Jon and the team at Mallett’s to celebrate Children’s Day in Truro on Saturday 26th June from 10am. Show off your artistic skills in their Sylvanian Families and Lego colouring competitions, where you could win a fantastic prize worth over £40. As Mallett’s love to spoil visiting families, they’ll be giving away some freebies including Toymaster Toby Beanies and Pokemon Trade and Play Sets. There will be smiles all round, please pop in.
- Pandora’s Box (Pannier Market) – 10% off across store.
- Panorama - Tin Man (Pannier Market) - Raffle ticket for every £5 spent for gorgeous baking hamper!
- Royal Cornwall Museum –family friendly drawing activity, with some 18th century objects from their community collection. Go along to have a close up look at 18th century fashionable objects, design their own fan and contribute to a collaborative fan.
- Smiggle – Free gift with purchase of £10 or more. Free colouring/activity sheets. Free balloons. Look out for the "Dinosaur" character out and about greeting children!
- The Entertainer – Come in fancy dress as your favourite Entertainer toy character to receive a gift bag and have a chance to win a £15 Entertainer gift card. Two gift cards are on offer one for (6 and under, 16 and under). The winner will be announced in the week after the Children's day. All staff will also be dressed up to add to the fun of the day.
- The Outdoor Place CIC (Pannier Market) – 10% discount and map reading adventure, bushcraft.
- The Works – Look out for the bubble machines demoing outside the store on St Nicholas street. Instore there will be children’s craft activities.
- Truro Community Library – Look out for this year’s Summer Reading Challenge and the window display based on The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister. Follow the story around the side of the building. In the children’s area either create an animal camouflage picture using collage and colouring, or make a silhouette shadow puppet like the sea creatures in the windows. You There’s also a trail around the library to find letters to fill in a word.
- Truro Shoe Repairs (Pannier Market) - Free kids keyring with every key cut.
- Waterstones - Colouring in sheets for The Wave of Hope, part of Crack the Crisis initiative tackling important topics across the globe. Heart shaped review cards for Children to write reviews and messages on about their favourite lockdown reads. Jelly Cat plush toy Treasure Hunt throughout the store with prizes along with free stickers and bookmarks.
Food & Drink Offers
- Archie Browns - healthy snack bags at a reduced price.
- Bread & Butter - tbc
- Chorleys - Children eat free with adult meal.
- Colours Café & Wellbing Centre - tbc
- Geek Retreat (The Leats) - Free fruit snack for Kids. Free milkshake with a main meal purchase
- Fodders Expresso Bar - Kids eat free with adult meal (a half sandwich or toasty and a glass of cordial) and kids menu on the day.
- Icing On The Cake (Lemon St Market) – Four homemade cupcakes for £5.
- Martin’s Bakery (Pannier Market) – One sausage roll, gingerbread man and animal flavoured water for £3 saving £1!
- Tea on the Square (Malletts Home Hardware) - Children eat for £1 when buying an adult meal.
- The Old Cheese Shop - Free Children’s Juice or Milkshake with every regular size drink purchased.
- Veg Patch (Pannier Market) - Free apple/orange when spending £3+
- Waterstones - Free Babycino in the café for children.
Children’s Day is on the final day of Fiver Fest, so check out the other £5 Kids deals available for Fiver Fest!
All offers and activities for Children’s Day are correct at time of publishing and appropriate Covid restrictions will be in place in-store and on Lemon Quay.