New for 2021
Truro Cathedral is hosting a Father Christmas Grotto and unique storytelling experience.
Father Christmas is hiding in his grotto somewhere in Truro Cathedral and they need your help to find him. Meet the elves at the Christmas Tree outside of the Cathedral to begin the search.
As you walk around the Cathedral with Coppice Theatre, you will hear the stories of James Bubb, the first Clerk of Works of Truro Cathedral in the 1800s. You will also hear the tale of the Cathedral Mouse, who wishes they could sing with the children in the choir. This Christmas, their dream comes true and you will be able to hear the mouse sing in St Mary’s Chapel.
You will then get the chance to meet Father Christmas once his hiding place has been uncovered, where you will be able to tell him all about what you would like for Christmas and you will receive a gift.
Click here to book tickets for this magical Christmas experience.
When: Wednesday, 8th December
Time: There are 12 timeslots- 15.00, 15.20, 15.40, 16.00, 16.20, 16.40, 17.00, 17.20, 17.40, 18.00, 18.20, 18.40.
Where: Truro Cathedral
- Each show is 30 mins long and requires walking between spaces and traversing staircases
- Meet outside the Cathedral
- Tickets cost £6 per child, 0-2 year-olds go free- Click here to book
- Over 12 years are counted as an adult.
- If there is more than one adult attending per child, then an additional adult tickets will need to be purchased. To book for an extra accompanying adult please book a ticket and put "extra adult" in the box marked "child's name".
- Children will get to meet Father Christmas- please provide childrens names when booking
- Nearest car parks: High Cross NCP (long stay) or Old Bridge Street (short stay) charges apply
Coppice Theatre are a Cornwall based children's theatre company and have been bringing festive shows to Cornish towns and cities since 2016. Find out more about them at www.coppicetheatre.co.uk or follow them on social media @coppicetheatre.
*All events are subject to cancellation