Visit Truro Inspection Scheme
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Visit Truro Local Inspection Scheme you will have to meet certain contractual obligations.
Please find these below along with a brief description and website links for further information. We understand this can be daunting and are happy to offer advice & help. We take the health & safety of our visitor seriously as well as that of our members.
Properties are inspected on a annual basis at a cost £60.00 including VAT.
Hotels, Guest Houses, Bed & Breakfasts, Farmhouses, Inns & Self Catering
- Public Liability Insurance – while not a statutory requirement, it is a requirement for participating in this scheme.
- Fire Risk Assessment- to comply with the Regulatory Reform [Fire Safety] Order 2005; supply evidence that a Fire Risk Assessment has been carried out annually. For guidance please click here.
- Register with the local Environmental Health department, if any food is served. For guidance click here
- Provide a register of all guests, record passport numbers of all overseas guests.
Please note evidence will be required for the following Public Liability Insurance and Fire Risk Assessment. These will need to be shown to the assessor at the time of the inspection /visit.
We also require that you are aware of the following:
- Operate safely with due regard to health and safety legislation and with evidence of consideration for the safety of guests and the security of guests’ property; supply clear information on how to contact the proprietor/manager in case of an emergency.
- Comply with all local planning and licensing regulations, if applicable.
- An Access Statement, which is a description of a venue’s services and facilities, to help people with access needs make an informed decision about whether an establishment can cater sufficiently for their needs. For guidance click here
Self Catering providers only
In addition to the above self catering providers need to also comply with the following:
- Gas Appliances - to comply with the Gas Safety [Installation and Use] Regulations 1998; supply evidence that all gas appliances have been checked by a GAS SAFE registered gas installer.
- All upholstered furniture must comply with the Furniture and Furnishings [Fire Safety] Regulations 1988 [as amended].
For up to date information on any legisltation click here
Please note all legal liabilities relating to accommodation business participating within the scheme are the sole responsibility of the business concerned.