In 2020 Truro will be one of the Cornish towns that will host the tour of Britain cycle race in September. Many favourite events will be back including St Piran's Day Celebrations which happens to fall on World book and we'll be talking all things books. Keep an eye on our social channels for more info.
It will also be easier to get to Truro with some new bus time table changes from April. Improved services from St Mawes, Bude & Bodmin as well as a service to Newquay Cornwall Airport to Truro train station.
With the Hall for Cornwall closed until the end of the year we hope to build on the success of Coppice street theatre in 2019 with plans for more street theatre.
We hope to also see the return of the antiques fairs on Lemon Quay on Wednesdays in August and a brand new market as well as the well loved weekly Truro Farmers Market.
Keep an eye out on our social media - @visittruro for up to date information.
Day Trips & Tours
- Drifter Sailing Barge Relaxed sailing trips from Truro either as part of "share the sail" (6 max) or private hire available. 07588 971357
- Day Tours with Finesse -Day tours to either the North Coast, including Port Issac or West Cornwall. Only £45.00 per person booking should be made in advance to avoid disappointment. Contact Finesse for more info 01726 810804 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Truro walking tour runs every Wednesday from May to September and tells the story of Truro; how the town attracted wealthy families who built the fine Georgian houses which can still be seen on Lemon Street. To book contact us 01872 274555 / email@example.com or call into our shop on Boscawen Street.
- Enterprise boats run a regular passenger service to Falmouth stopping en route at National Trust Trelissick, enjoy the scenery of the Truro River which gently flows into the Fal river. Tickets can be bought from our shop on Boscawen Street or on the boat.
- Truro Cathedral tours - Monday - Thursday at 11am from April to October, join the Cathedral tour, free of charge.
Places to Visit
- Shelterbox now call Truro home and you can get interactive with the work they do, choose the right aid and equipment to send shelter to families when they need it most.
- Truro Cathedral which is nestled in the heart of the city. Daily services are held as well as special events including concerts and art exhibitions.
Throughout the year Truro has a variety of events, we have listed some of them below but for more details, check out our what's on pages.
For further information on any of the above please contact us so you get the most from your visit.
- Thursday 5th March St Piran's Day
- Saturday 4th April Children's Day
- Thursday 9th April - Saturday 11th April - Made in Cornwall Easter Fair, Lemon Quay
- Friday 8th May - VE Day celebrations in Truro
- Saturday 16th - Saturday 23rd May Truro College Art & Craft Exhibition, Lemon Quay
- Saturday June 20th and Sunday June 21st - ‘The Elixir of Love’ by Donizetti at Park House in conjunction with Duchy Opera.
- Thursday 25th June - ROC 5KM Race
- Sunday 12th July - Truro Bike & Trike Show, Lemon Quay
- Wednesday 19th - Saturday 22nd August- Made in Cornwall Summer Fair
- Sunday 6th September - Cornwall Tour of Britain.
- Sunday 20th September Truro Half Marathon
- Friday 25th September - Sunday 27th September Truro Food Festival (EVENT TO BE CONFIRMED)
Christmas 2020 dates to be confirmed