Welcome to Our Great Little Festive City
Truro comes alive during the festive period to bring you the very best of everything Christmas. Walk along our cobbled streets with a hot chocolate and listen to the classic Christmas tunes as you pop in and out of the shops on a Wednesday evening. Taste a Cornish Christmas from our award-winning Farmers Market, who are bringing you their biggest Christmas market yet. Revel in the magic of this special time of year as you take your children to meet Father Christmas in our wonderful Cathedral, and prepare to be mesmerised by the Christmas lights both in the City Centre and in Victoria Gardens. However you plan to spend the festive season, we have something for you in Truro. See below for a full events schedule.
Christmas Events Schedule 2021
- What's in the Window- A digital shopping campaign running on Instragram and Facebook @visittruro, showcasing gift ideas from Truro's wonderful independent shops.
- Healey's Christmas Market- Every weekend from Saturday 13th November - Sunday 19th December.
- Festive Friday- Friday 19th November from 3pm. Celebrate the start of the festivities in Truro this Festive Friday! Christmas light switch-on with Truro's Town Crier, Lionel Knight, and special guests. Followed by a festive parade- more details to follow.
- Illuminated Reindeer Trail- From Friday 19th November. Illuminated reindeer lights in shop windows. Walk around the city and see how many you can spot.
- Duchy Fairs Christmas Shop Small Market- Friday 19th and Saturday 20th November
- Christmas lights in Victoria Gardens- Illuminated daily from Friday 19th November, 08.00 - 10.00, and 14.00 - 17.00. The lights will remain on until 20.00 on Wednesdays from Wednesday 24th November - Wednesday 22nd December.
- Wednesdays in Victoria Gardens- Entertainment in Victoria Gardens on Wednesday 24th November, Wednesday 1st December, and Wednesday 8th December.
- Late night shopping, with street food and entertainment on Boscawen Street- Shops to remain open until 21.00 on Wednesday 24th November, Wednesday 1st December, Wednesday 8th December, Wednesday 15th December & Wednesday 22nd December. The main shopping streets will also be traffic free on these dates from 15.00.
- Truro Farmers Market Big Christmas Market- Wednesday 24th-Sunday 28th November, Wednesday 1st- Sunday 5th December, Wednesday 8th- Sunday 12th December, Wednesday 15th- Sunday 19th December, and Monday 20th- Friday 24th December
- Street food and drink on Boscawen Street- As well as the late night shopping dates, there will also be street food & entertainment on Saturday 27th November, Saturday 4th December, Saturday 11th December, and Saturday 18th December. The main shopping streets will also be traffic free on these dates all day.
- Advent Carol Service- Sunday 28th November, 18.00, Truro Cathedral. Details to follow.
- Made in Cornwall Christmas Market- Monday 29th November - Thursday 2nd December. Truro Cathedral. 10.00 - 17.00 daily- extended to 20.00 on Wednesday 1st December.
- Cinderella at the Hall for Cornwall- Daily from Wednesday 1st December - Sunday 2nd January, excluding Sunday 5th December, Wednesday 8th December, Wednesday 15th December, Monday 20th December, and Saturday 25th December.
- Finding Father Christmas at Truro Cathedral- A walking theatre and Father Christmas Grotto experience at Truro Cathedral, on: Wednesday 1st December, Wednesday 8th December, Wednesday 15th December, and Wednesday 22nd December.
- Free Parking Day- Saturday 4th December- Park in any Cornwall Council car park in Truro for free all day! The Park and Ride will also be free on this date.
- Father Christmas at Trelissick- The Big Man will be telling his festive tale of the 12 days of Christmas in the stables at Trelissick. Saturday and Sunday only (4th , 5th, 11th, 12th, 18th & 19th) Booking essential
- The Alverton's inaugural 'Great Christmas Market'- Sunday 5th December
- Jack Frosty 5- Walkabout Show in Victoria Gardens with Coppice Theatre- Wednesday 15th December and Wednesday 22nd December. More details to follow.
- Truro Cathedral Choir Christmas Concert- Saturday 18th December, 19.30, Truro Cathedral. Details to follow.
- Nine Lessons and Carols- Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th December, 19.00, Truro Cathedral. Details to follow.
- Midnight Mass- Friday 24th December. Details to follow.
- Christmas Day Services- Saturday 25th December. Details to follow.
- Pets Carol Service- Thursday 30th December, 19.00, Truro Cathedral. Details to follow.
- The Cathedral Masquerade- New Year's Eve Party, Friday 31st December, 19.00, Truro Cathedral.
- New Year's Eve Family Fireworks- Friday 31st December. Fireworks display with kind permission from Truro School. Watch on Lemon Quay from 19.30.
- New Year's Eve Midnight Fireworks- Friday 31st December. Fireworks display with kind permission from Truro School. Watch on Lemon Quay from midnight and see in the New Year with us!
Free Parking Day- Free Parking Day will be on Saturday 4th December, where you can park in any Cornwall Council car park in the city for free all day! The Park and Ride will also be free on this date.
The Park and Ride will run an extended service on Friday 19th November, Wednesday 24th November, Wednesday 1st December, Wednesday 8th December, Wednesday 15th December and Wednesday 22nd December. The last services will leave the City Centre at 21.30. Click here for more information on Truro Park and Ride.
Traffic Free Christmas in Truro- The main shopping streets will be traffic-free on select days during the festive period to allow space to shop and for entertainment to take place. Click here to find out more.
Click here for information on car parks in Truro.
For information on rail travel, click here. Please note that there are planned engineering works on the railway between Monday 13th December and Thursday 16th December. Click here to find out more about the works and replacement services.