It maybe not be the Summer we thought we had planned but here are some ideas about what's on from walks, cycling, shopping trips & days out further afield this should help you Think, Plan, Book in your social bubbles..
Truro Town Centre - Some of the streets remain pedestrianised for the Summer. 11am - 3pm Monday - Saturday. A perfect opportunity to explore the city. For shop information click here
A temporary downloadable map of pedestrianisation can be found here
- Truro Cathedral may not be running its usual family activities this year but it is pleased to offer a programme of worship.The revised opening times are: Mon - Fri 10am - 3pm, Sun 1pm - 3pm. Only the Nave will be accessible. Sunday Eucharists must be pre booked via their website
- Plaza Cinema Daily Screenings of the latest movies now available. Pre booking is advised and all the latest news can be found on their webiste - click on the link
- Truro Leisure Centre Please check their website for full details
- Player Ready Virtual Reality Pre booking essential .
- Celtic Tossers Open from 10am - 10pm, click on the link for further info.
- Visit Truro Colouring Sheets - for those liquid sunshine days
- Truro Farmers Market - Now open operating on Wednesdays & Saturdays on Lemon Quay. 9am - 3.30pm.
- Truro Pannier Market - Truro's largest indoor market
- The Lemon Street Market - Please check individual store for their opening times
.Food & Drink
With daily exercise being an important part of our lives for the last few months we have put together some walks that you may already know or that you may want to rediscover.
- Truro Walks - some of our team have enjoyed re discovering some of Truro's outdoors spaces right on our doorstep.
- Truro Area walks - without going too far from home, explore the wider area around Truro.
- Coastal Walks within 10 miles of Truro you can still stay close to home but breath in the fresh sea air.
- Mobile Eateries in Walking/Beach areas
- Cycling - We have a great choice of different bike rides to enjoy around Truro. Why not pop into our visitor centre & browse our selection of cycling maps.
Parks & Gardens
- Boscawen Park - The park, play equipment and tennis court are open and dont forget that no visit is complete without a visit to the duck pond. The cafe re-opens from Saturday 25th July serving takeaway tea, coffee and snacks.
- Victoria Gardens - The Gardens are open but we ask that social distancing is observed. Sadly the usual summer band concerts have been cancelled for this year, but please take a look at our monthly band concert page & listen to some performances.
- National Trust Trelissick - The car park, garden, woodland walks and toilets are now open. Timed tickets must be booked in advance by 3pm the day before your visit. Bookings open every Friday. This includes members of the National Trust. Click here for the direct link to advanced booking page. The shop and plant sales are open Thurs-Mon 11am - 4pm. (Booking still applies). The Trelissick cafe will be operating a takeaway, with a limited selection of drinks & pre packed cakes, crisps, confectionary & ice cream. With safety in mind please be patient.
- Enterprise Boats - This year the service will run from National Trust Trelissick to St Mawes & Falmouth - it will mean pre booking a ticket for Trelissick as well as booking for the ferry service.
Other Gardens & Outdoor Visits in Cornwall - please note most attractions are now requiring booking in advance only.
- National Trust, Trerice - The garden, car park and toilets at Trerice have re-opened. Check What’s On for the latest information and to book. You will be turned away if you arrive without a booking.
- Enys Garden, Penryn - Opening times & special arrangements for 2020 please see link
- The Eden Project - Timed tickets must be booked in advance. Takeaway food & drink is available and toilet facilities are available. For more information and advanced tickets click here.
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan Pre booked tickets are essential including members. Click here Food & drink is available and limited toilet facilities are open. For more details on opening times during this time click here
- St Michaels Mount Garden The gardens & castle are now open and access is only by the causeway and will only be open when this permits. Take-away drinks are available. Toilet facilites are open. All visits must be pre booked - click here.
- Trebah Gardens - Pre booked advanced tickets will be essential.
- Glendurgan Gardrens - Maze, Giant’s Stride and gate to Durgan will remain closed. Tuesday to Sunday inclusive – 10.30am – 4.30pm. Visits must be pre-booked
- Trewidden Gardens - Daily - 10.30am – 5.30pm (last entrance 4.30pm)
- Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens - Open daily 10.30am - 5.30pm
- Charlestown Harbour - The outer harbour and beaches are now open to the public.
- Gweek Seal Sanctuary - Tickets must be pre booked. You can book your tickets online, which will let you also choose an arrival time. Alternatively, if you already have a ticket, annual pass or would like to use a voucher please book your arrival time slot free of charge.
- National Maritime Museum - Booking required. For those days when you fancy something a bit different and with the brilliant new Monsters of the Deep due to open.
- Newquay Zoo - Run wild, but remember to pre-book your tickets in advance.
- Flambards - The Best Day of the Week! Tickets must be pre booked
- Healeys Cornish Cyder Farm - Annual Pass or Single Entry tickets must be purchased before visiting
- Lappa Valley - Trains, traditional play & family adventures. Pre booking essential
- Screech Owl Sanctuary - Wildlife Park
Best Days Out Cornwall - A guide to the top attractions
Cornwall Beach & Lifeguard Information - Please click on the link
We advise to plan ahead before you have a day out. The 2 metre social distance rules apply to all open attractions.