Ideas of things to do during the Autumn of 2021... big or small
- Visit Truro Colouring Sheets - for those rainy days.
- Pilgrim Explorers - A series of 8 pilgrimages suitable for primary aged children. Download and print off and choose where you go.
- Geek Retreat- Want to get your teenagers out the house? Tempt them with a day at Geek Retreat, a gaming haven.
- National Trust Trelissick- Discover the sights, sounds, smells and wildlife of the season with the autumn children's trail at Trelissick, and get some autumn inspiration with the National Trust's family activity guide.
- Truro Community Library
- Truro Cathedral- As well as discovering the new explorer trails for younger visitors (A Cathedral for Cornwall and Bishops and Builders - both available for £1 each) on Tuesday 26th October between 10.00 - 15.00, there will be an arts and crafts activities table to the right as you enter the Cathedral in the Cathedral's new Exploration Station.
- The Enjoy Truro Treasure Trail
- Mini Playfest on the Cathedral Green: 3-day Autumn celebration event with SWAMP Circus promoting learning new skills and bringing the community together. Come along, join the fun and learn new skills from 11.00 till 17.00 Friday 29th to Sunday 31st October. £5 Tickets from www.ticketsource.co.uk
- Fun Holiday Tennis Camps for juniors aged between the ages of 5 - 16 years old - booking required (Monday 25th - Friday 29th October).
- Fancy Dress Halloween Spooktacular- Live music at the Old Bakery Studios, raising money for Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust
- Children's Halloween Party- Halloween party and pumpkin trail at Carnon Downs Village Hall
- Pumpkin Carving competiton- To enter a pumpkin message Carnon Downs Village Association on Facebook or email email@example.com. Deadline for entries is 25th October.
- Pumpkin Carving Workshops- Join the team at Healey's Cyder Farm and carve your own spooky pumpkins!
- Treasure Trails' Spooky Virtual Trail: Download the Virtual Trail and complete your mission. Submit your answer by 23.00 on Halloween Night, Sunday 31st October and you may be one of the lucky winners of a Treasure Trail of your choice.
- Halloween at Cows and Sows, Idless TR4 9QT: Make a pumpkin pot on the potters wheel - Booking necessary The Wobbly Pottery Company Tel 07419 316054
- Planning ahead to Christmas? Click here to see what events are happening in Truro this winter.
Theatre & Cinema
- Plaza Cinema- Daily Screenings of the latest movies now available. Pre booking is advised and all the latest news can be found on their website - click on the link
- Hall for Cornwall- Reopening on the 13th October, with Fisherman's Friends as the inaugural show
- Rogue Otherworld- A theatre experience in Tehidy Woods
- Old Bakery Studios- A live-music venue with a jam-packed autumn/winter schedule
Attractions & Sport Facilites
- Truro Cathedral - Explore the Cathedral at your own leisure, or join a guided tour (Monday-Thursday). Catch the Organ Recital every Friday afternoon, and keep an eye out for special events
- Royal Cornwall Museum- The new Spaceport exhibition, 'Cornwall Space: From Steam to Satellites', which tells the story of Cornwall’s rich pioneering history and promising future in the space industry. The display includes a model OneWeb Satellite, a model of Sierra Space’s DreamChaser, and a model of Virgin Orbit’s Cosmic Girl- Under 18s go free!
- Sir Ben Ainslie Centre - Check out the timetable for swimming pool and other facilities. Click here to view information on the half-term multi-sport activity camp. Giant Inflatable fun sessions are back from 10th October every Sunday during term time 13.00hrs - 14.00hrs. Extra sessions in the school holidays (check pool timetable).
- Truro Tennis Club- Autumn holiday clubs for juniors between the ages of 5 and 16.
- Truro Leis ure Centre Please check their website for full details
- Great Cornish Slip and Slide - Click here to see times & availability for this great water slide adventure. *See social media for updates in cases of bad weather.
- Player Ready Virtual Reality - Virtual Reality, Escape Rooms & VR Racing. Pre booking essential .
- Celtic Tossers- Open from 10am - 10pm, click on the link for further info.
- Eureka Escape Cornwall- Lemon Street, Truro - Themed escape rooms: Don't Panic and Life After Death. Monday - Sunday 10.00 - 22.00. Booking essential.
- Truro Farmers Market - Wednesdays & Saturdays on Lemon Quay. 9am - 4pm.
- Truro Pannier Market - Truro's largest indoor market
- The Lemon Street Market - Please check individual store for their opening times
- Antiques and Collectables Market- Outdoor antiques market on Lemon Quay. 09.00 - 16.00 on Wednesday 6th October, Wednesday 20th October, & Saturday 23rd October
- Top picnic spots in and around Truro
- Tennis in the Park - Tennis court hire and lessons available
- Wild Truro- Pick up a free Wild Truro guide and get exploring Our Great Little Wild City
Walking & Cycling
- Truro Walks - some of our team have enjoyed re discovering some of Truro's outdoors spaces right on our doorstep.
- Walking Tours- Discover more of the history and characters of Our Great Little City with a series of city centre walking tours.
- Truro Area walks - without going too far from home, explore the wider area around Truro.
- Coastal Walks within 10 miles of Truro you can still stay close to home but breathe in the fresh sea air.
- Cycling - We have a great choice of different bike rides to enjoy around Truro. Why not pop into our visitor centre & browse our selection of cycling maps.
- The Wildlife Trusts’ Big Wild Walk- Join the half-term challenge and walk 30k!
Parks & Gardens
- Boscawen Park - The park, play equipment and tennis court are open and don't forget that no visit is complete without a visit to the duck pond. The cafe serves takeaway tea, coffee and snacks- check this.
- Victoria Gardens - Relax in the stunning garden setting. You can also treat yourself to some tasty delights from Pollen in the Park- opening may vary due to weather.
- National Trust Trelissick - The garden, countryside, café, shop, plant sales, second-hand bookshop and Cornwall Crafts gallery are open at Trelissick. The house is closed. Trelissick Garden is open 7 days a week and have removed the booking system so you no longer need to book in advance.
- Truro High-Tide Sailings- Sailings to Truro on the 19th October, departing from Falmouth.* Weather dependent.