Truro City council including ourselves and Truro BID are working together to make sure Truro is a Covid- 19 safe place to visit. We will be updating our pages and social channels on a regular basis going forward. Truro City Council services
- Truro City Council Offices - The offices are currently still closed, although city council staff are working remotely and can be contacted by telephone 01872 274766 . Some Truro City council meetings are now taking place remotely.
- For information about matters relevant to those who live, work or visit to communities in and aroud Truro and the Rosleand please click here
- Public Facilities - Currently the only toilets open are The Green (By the Bus Station / Lemon Quay).
- Victoria Gardens - Open - please be aware of social distancing guidelines
- Boscawen Park - Open - As goverment guidelines permit for daily exercise. We all have a part to play in reducing the spread of the virus and so it is important that we socially distance ourselves.
- Boscawen Park Tennis Courts - Open from Wednesday 13th May 2020 - Click here for information
- Hendra Skate Park - Open to the public - public to observe social distancing.
- Play Areas - Hendra, Boscawen Park, Tremorvah, Redannick & Newbridge Lane - will be closed
- Truro Community Libary - Closed
Truro Cemetary - The cemetary has now fully reopened. For any enquires please call 01872 245503
Cornwall Council - Cornwall Council will be publishing all information on there website updating information on there services.
Covid-19 Community Toolkit - Cornwall Council, download information & advice for residents.
Truro & the Roseland Community Network - Click on the pink for there Facebook page to get more uptodate information
Truro Business Improvement District (BID) - if you are a local business owner, please contact the BID for more up to date information.
Devon and Cornwall Police - have pulled together some of the more commonly asked questions you might have.
The following groups are here to help
- CornwallLink is an online platform for communites to connect and support each other through the Coronavirus
- Volunteer Cornwall
- Young People Cornwall
- Zebs Youth Centre, Truro
- Community Facebook Cafe - virtual community cafe with Cornwall Hospice Care
Local Radio stations
- CHBN - Truro's Community Radio station & Cornwall's Hospital Radio
- BBC Radio Cornwall -Cornwalls local radio station.
- Pirate FM - Local radio station for Cornwall.
- Coast FM - West Cornwall local radio station
- Truro Farmers market - Market to re-open Saturdays only from Sat 6th June.
- Boots 01872 272810
- Superdrug - 01872 241611
- Reeds Pharmacy – 01872 272106 Closed 1pm -2pm. Phone answered from 9.30 am, phonelines closed 1-2 pm. Free precription collection and delivery service.
Doctors Surgery Information
Worship As the single most important action we can all take is staying at home and social distancing, today’s technology is enabling us to share and come together. Church buildings have closed but the Church ‘continues to pray, to love, to care for the vulnerable’. Please find below some links that may be of use:
(Those who cannot access the internet, All Saints Highertown offer dial in service Call 01872 306996 to hear the latest weekly sermon).
- Truro Cathedral
- All Saints Highertown, Truro
- Truro Baptist Church
- The Catholic Parish of Our Lady of the Portal & St Piran, Truro with link to Facebook
- Truro Methodist Church
- Grace Church Truro, join their facebook group or sign up to weekly email newsletter
- Churches Together In Cornwall
- Time to Pray: Prayer During the Day and Night Prayer, daily audio led by the Archbishop of Canterbury and Rev Dr Isabelle Hamley
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship
- Mercedes Benz Truro - routine maintenance & remote sales available - see link for full details