We thought it useful to put together some information in one place and to help keep our community upto date and safe. In line with the Goverment guidelines some services have been changed . Truro City Council services - changes as of Tuesday 24th March 2020
- Truro City Council Offices - The offices are now closed although city council staff are working remotely and can be contacted by telephone 01872 274766 . All Truro City council meetings have been cancelled. For information about matters relevant to those who live, work or visit to communities in and aroud Truro and the Rosleand please click here
- Public Facilities - Currently the only toilets open are The Green (By the Bus Station / Lemon Quay) These are being kept open for the benefit of delivery drivers.
- Victoria Gardens - Open -please aware of social distancing guidelines
- Boscawen Park - Open - As goverment guidelines permit for daily exercise. We all have a part to play in reducing the spread of the virus and so it is important that we socially distance ourselves.
- Boscawen Park Tennis Courts - Closed
- Play Areas - Hendra, Boscawen Park, Tremorvah, Redannick & Newbridge Lane - will be closed
- Truro Community Libary - Closed
Cornwall Council - Cornwall Council will be publishing all information on there website updating information on there services.
Truro & the Roseland Community Network - Click on the pink for there Facebook page to get more uptodate information
Truro Business Improvement District (BID) - if you are a local business owner, please contact the BID for more up to date information.
Truro Supermarket Information - includes information for regarding NHS staff & the elderly and vulnerable.
- Co op, Boscawen Street, Truro.
- Tesco, Garras Wharf, Truro
- Sainsburys, Treyew Road, Truro
- Aldi, Highertown, Truro
- Marks and Spencer Foodhall, Lemon Quay, Truro
- Iceland, Fairmantle Street, Truro
Local Independent Food shops offering home delivery
- Archie Browns
- The Cornish Food Box
- The Great Cornish Food Hall Food Takeaways and Deliveries
- Colours Café – Delivery service of door stop delivery menu available on Saturdays (vegetarian / vega). Order by Noon on Fridays to receive your delivery on Saturday. Tel: 07530 267060.
- Curry Inn – Indian takeaway and delivery. Open Monday – Thursday 17:30 - 22.30 and Friday – Sunday 17:30 - 23:00. Tel: 01872 223111.
- Gandhi – Indian and Sri Lankan takeaway only. Open Monday to Sunday 4pm – 11pm. Tel: 01872 272737.
- Kathmandu Palace – Nepalese and Indian offering takeaways and deliveries. Open Tuesday to Sunday 5pm – 11pm. Tel: 01872 262301.
- Mai Thai – Thai deliveries, take-aways and chilled dishes to take home like a ready meal though cooked fresh. Available Wednesday to Saturday 5pm to 8.30pm. Message or phone orders on: 07561472222.
- Lawrence's Bakery & Bar - Doorstop Cake Delivery. Check social media for details
- Punk Thai– Thai food home delivery within a 15 mile +/- radius of Truro. Monday to Friday 11am and 6pm. Call: 07871 027 996 or email: email@example.com
- Soi21cafe at Vertigo - Contactless Thai food to takeaway. Plan to introduce home delivery during w/c 6 April. Available Tuesday to Saturday 12-7pm. Order as early as possible - preferably in the morning as dishes cooked to order. Tel: 07434 817 726.
- The Market Butcher, Deli & Veg Patch at the Pannier Market - Free delivery service to Truro addresses. Order by phone 01872 272323 Monday to Friday 8am-12noon. Min spend £30 by card over the phone. Please call for details.
- Xen Noodle Bar –Asian Fusion Food. Takeaways and deliveries with contactless delivery. Open Monday – Saturday 12-3pm & 5-10pm and Sundays 12-3pm & 5-9pm. Tel: 01872222998.
All business information correct at time of publishing.
The following groups are here to help
- CornwallLink is an online platform for communites to connect and support each other through the Coronavirus
- Volunteer Cornwall
Local Radio stations
- CHBN - Truro's Community Radio station & Cornwall's Hospital Radio
- BBC Radio Cornwall -Cornwalls local radio station.
- Truro Farmers market - From Monday 23rd March both Wedneday & Saturday markets are cancelled until further notice.
- Boots 01872 272810
- Superdrug - 01872 241611
- Reeds Pharmacy – 01872 272106 Closed 1pm -2pm. Phone answered from 9.30 am, phonelines closed 1-2 pm.
Worship As the single most important action we can all take is staying at home and social distancing, today’s technology is enabling us to share and come together. Church buildings have closed but the Church ‘continues to pray, to love, to care for the vulnerable’. Please find below some links that may be of use:
(Those who cannot access the internet, All Saints Highertown offer dial in service Call 01872 306996 to hear the latest weekly sermon).
- Truro Cathedral
- All Saints Highertown, Truro
- Truro Baptist Church
- The Catholic Parish of Our Lady of the Portal & St Piran, Truro with link to Facebook
- Truro Methodist Church
- Grace Church Truro, join their facebook group or sign up to weekly email newsletter
- Churches Together In Cornwall
- Time to Pray: Prayer During the Day and Night Prayer, daily audio led by the Archbishop of Canterbury and Rev Dr Isabelle Hamley
- BBC Radio 4 Sunday Worship