General Terms & Conditions
1) These are the legal terms that apply when you use any of the following provided by Truro City Council and operated by Visit Truro:
- Online advertising
- Print advertising
- Other promotional partner services
2. Our Details
"We", "us" and "our" means Truro City Council and operated by Visit Truro. Our principal place of business is at Visit Truro, Tourism Office , City Hall, Truro, Cornwall TR1 2NE
You", "your", "yourself" means you, the end user in your capacity as a business user and not as a consumer.
If you have any questions or concerns you may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Changes to these terms
We may need to make changes to these terms in future. For example to reflect changes in the law, changes in the type of services or information we provide to you or to correct errors in these terms.
We will try to keep all such changes to a minimum. We recommend that you check these terms from time to time to see if they have changed. We will always state at the bottom of these terms the date on which they were last updated.
If you continue to use our services after our terms change you will be bound by those changes.
4 Your Use of Our Services
You must use our services / marketing material / in a considerate and responsible manner. You are not allowed to use our services / marketing material:
• For any purpose that is against the law
• In any way that causes our online services to be interrupted, damaged, impaired or rendered less efficient
• In any way that could damage or disrupt another user's computer
• For the deliberate transmission, uploading or posting of any computer viruses or other harmful files or programs
• To transmit, upload or post any material which is defamatory, offensive, racist, vulgar, libellous, pornographic, obscene or menacing or which could cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to anyone else
• To transmit third party images or text without accredited copyright consent
• As a means to threaten, stalk, harass, abuse or insult anyone else
• To collect personal data about other users (for example to use for "spam")
• In a way that violates or infringes the rights of anyone else, for example other people's copyright or right to privacy
• To create a false identity that misleads others about the identity of the sender or the origin of a message, for example you must not impersonate an employee or associate of Visit Truro
•To transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional materials, for example junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or other similar materials
• In any other way that could reasonably be expected to affect us adversely or reflect negatively on our goodwill, name or reputation
All information and materials delivered by us through our online services (including, without limitation, photographs/videos of recent events, press releases, online competitions) and contained on this website is provided to you for the purposes of communicating the activities of Truro and Cornwall.
5 Level of Service
We endeavour to provide a satisfactory level of performance for all of our services.
However it is not technically possible or practical for us to provide our services free of all faults at all times.
The information and material provided on our services may include some inaccuracies or typographical errors, which we will endeavour to correct as they come to our notice.
Our online services may sometimes be unavailable for technical reasons, for maintenance or for us to make editorial changes. We may also decide at any time to discontinue providing certain of our freely available online services.
We use reasonable efforts to check information and content on our online services for viruses, however we do not promise that our online services will be free of viruses or bugs and recommend that you also use care in this regard by using anti-virus software when accessing our online services.
Visit Truro cannot accept responsibility for:
- A specific number of website referrals
- A specific number of bookings
Truro City Council cannot issue automatic refunds for membership or advertising payments once payment has been received.
We will not be liable to you (whether as a result of contract law, tort, statutory duty or otherwise) for any loss or damage arising from or in any way connected with your use of, or inability to use, our services / promotional partnerships in respect of any losses:
• That are related to a business or commercial undertaking
• That were unforeseeable
• That are related to loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or injury to reputation
• That are suffered by third parties who are not users of our online services
• That are caused by loss of data, or computer virus
• In respect of infringement of rights arising as a result of a third party linking to our online services and causing our content to be viewed within the pages of any other website
• That are due to your fault, for example if you have provided incorrect information to us, where you erase an element of the service provided to you or you fail to comply with the instructions for use of our online services as explained by us
If you have a claim against another user of our online services you will pursue that claim independently and without recourse to us.
We do not in any way seek to limit or exclude our liability to you for death or personal injury or any loss arising as a result of fraud.
8 Third Party Websites
Our online services may contain links to other websites which are not controlled by us. Any such links are provided solely for your convenience and this does not amount to an endorsement by us of that website or its content. If you use those links you will leave our online services and if you decide to visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk. These legal terms only apply to your use of our online services and we cannot be responsible for any content, or products and services available on any other websites as we do not control them.
We will comply with all applicable UK data protection legislation from time to time in place in respect of any personal information you submit to us.
You can amend information you give us via our services by emailing email@example.com
Industry newsletters: by advertising on our website or becoming a member you agree to join our Industry mailing list, both postal and electronic, so we are able to keep you up to date with news and information about our service to you. Should you choose to unsubscribe from this mailing list we can not be held responsible if you do not receive important information related to our services.
10 Complaints and Take Down
If you want to make a complaint about any of our marketing services / promotional partnership material or if you think your or someone else's intellectual property or other rights have been infringed by our marketing services you can do so by submitting full details in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
11 Grading’s / local inspections
All accommodation businesses must be graded / approved by a recognised inspection scheme.
12 Equality, diversity and liability
Truro City Council expects all organisations advertising on our online services, using our online services, promotional partners, to comply with the law with regard to Equality and Diversity as set down in the Equality Act of October 2010.
These objects may not be copied for re-use, transmission or distribution and may not be modified or posted to other websites without the express written permission of Truro city Council. This website may contain content that is subject to the intellectual property rights of third parties.
The Visit Truro logo is a registered trademark ® of Truro City Council. Other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Visit Truro appreciates your interest in its products and your visit to this website. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website, including the purchase of third party services listed on this website. In using this website for these or any other purposes, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use this website. Visit Truro reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and such amendment will apply upon publication on this website. These terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with any other applicable terms and conditions governing the use of this website or the purchase of goods or services from Visit Truro or its partners.
16 No Licences
Truro City Council has sought to achieve an innovative and informative website. However, you also need to understand that Truro City Council must protect its intellectual property, including its, trademarks and copyrights. Accordingly, please appreciate that no licence to use the intellectual property of Truro City Council or the intellectual property of third parties has been granted by this website.
17 Product Information
While Truro City Council has endeavoured to ensure that all information, representations, illustrations, specifications and prices contained on this website are accurate at the time of publication, product features, specifications and prices are subject to change without notice and Visit Truro makes no commitment as to the availability of any product or service. The information on this website should always be read in conjunction with other materials and information available from Truro City Council.
To the extent permitted by law, Truro City Council excludes all express and implied warranties and all liability, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising from negligence or otherwise relating to the use of this website, any inaccuracies and for any non-compliance by any goods or services with any representations, illustrations, specifications, product features or other information contained on this website. Where, by law, Truro City Council is not permitted to exclude its liability but is permitted to limit its liability, its liability will be limited to the maximum extent possible. Nothing in these terms and conditions should be taken to limit the operation of the statutory warranties implied under consumer protection laws.
Truro City Council is not responsible for the contents of websites that are maintained by third parties and therefore waives its liability for any links from this website to other websites.
18 General Advice Warning
Truro City Council informs you that any advice given on this website is general advice only and is not specifically based on your own objectives, financial situation or needs. Before you act on the advice, you should consider whether this advice is suitable for you. You should read the relevant product information and especially on the product third party website before purchasing any products or services. While we make every attempt to give you the best and most accurate possible product information, Truro City Council, its agents, employees and accredited lenders will accept no responsibility for any loss that may arise.
20 Customer Service Contact details:
Address: Visit Truro, Tourist information, Municipal Buildings, Boscawen Street, TR1 2NE
Telephone: 01872 274555
21 Last Minute Accomodation Reservations
The following terms and conditions apply only to accommodation providers when last minute reservations are made by Visit Truro Tourist Information.
- Booking is made following the customers requirements when enquiring about availability
- Visit Truro takes a nominial booking fee direct from the customer
- Should a customer cancel a booking or fail to present themself at the establishment after the booking has been made by Visit Truro, the accommodation provider should contact Visit Truro to obtain the customers contact details and the accommodation provider should then take the matter up directly with the customer.
- Whilst Visit Truro makes every effort to find suitable accommodation for visitors it cannot be held responsible nor accept any liability for complaints or claims of any natrue arising from a booking, nor any loss or damage arrising from a booking